| < January >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Average Sea or Water Temp
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average sea tempeature is 2 °C (35.6 °F).
- The average temperature in Reykjavík in January is slightly cold at -0.5 °C (31.1 °F).
- Afternoons can be very cool with average high temperatures reaching 2 °C (35.6 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally slightly cold with an average low of -2 °C (28.4 °F).
- The mean diurnal temperature variation/ range in January is 4 °C (7.2 °F).
- The weather in January is somewhat dry with periodic periods of snow. Just 75.6mm (3in) of fluid is dumped during an average of 20 days.
- In January the blue above Reykjavík is extremely dismal having on average a murky 0:46 of resplendent sunshine per day.
- The shortest day is 4:30 long and the longest day is 7:07 long with an average length of 5:41.
- There are approximately 4:14 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 15.4% of daylight hours and cloudy 84.6% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Reykjavík January averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for January in Reykjavík, Iceland
Navigate to January Weather in Locations Surrounding Reykjavík:
- Jan Mayen Island, Norway - 950.3 kms (590.6 miles) NNE
- Jan Mayen B, Norway - 938 kms (582.9 miles) NNE
- Raufarhöfn, Iceland - 377.7 kms (234.7 miles) NE
- Akureyri, Iceland - 249.1 kms (154.8 miles) NE
- Dalatangi, Iceland - 414.5 kms (257.5 miles) ENE
- Hofn, Holar I Hornafirdi, Iceland - 325.2 kms (202.1 miles) E
- Kirkjubćjarklaustur, Iceland - 191.1 kms (118.8 miles) E
- Vestmannaeyjar, Iceland - 113.9 kms (70.7 miles) SE
- Mykines Fyr, Faroe Islands - 747.9 kms (464.7 miles) E
- Hoyvík/ Tórshavn, Faroe Islands - 795.4 kms (494.2 miles) E
- Torshavn, Denmark - 795.1 kms (494.1 miles) E