| < May >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Average Sea or Water Temp
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average sea tempeature is 7 °C (44.6 °F).
- The average temperature in Reykjavík in May is cool at 6.3 °C (43.34 °F).
- Afternoons can be quite mild with average high temperatures reaching 10 °C (50 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally cool with an average low of 4 °C (39.2 °F).
- In May the average diurnal temperature range/ variation is 6 °C (10.8 °F).
- The weather in May is a little parched with rain, sleet or snow sometimes. A mere 43.8mm (1.7in) of water accrues during an average of 16 days.
- The blue above Reykjavík is fair with an average of a moderate 5:52 of splendid solar radiation daily.
- The shortest day is 17:03 long and the longest day is 20:05 long with an average length of 18:38.
- There are approximately 12:06 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 32.7% of daylight hours and cloudy 67.3% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Reykjavík May averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for May in Reykjavík, Iceland
Navigate to May Weather in Locations Surrounding Reykjavík:
- Jan Mayen Island, Norway - 950.3 kms (590.6 miles) NNE
- Jan Mayen B, Norway - 938 kms (582.9 miles) NNE
- Raufarhöfn, Iceland - 377.7 kms (234.7 miles) NE
- Akureyri, Iceland - 249.1 kms (154.8 miles) NE
- Dalatangi, Iceland - 414.5 kms (257.5 miles) ENE
- Hofn, Holar I Hornafirdi, Iceland - 325.2 kms (202.1 miles) E
- Kirkjubæjarklaustur, Iceland - 191.1 kms (118.8 miles) E
- Vestmannaeyjar, Iceland - 113.9 kms (70.7 miles) SE
- Mykines Fyr, Faroe Islands - 747.9 kms (464.7 miles) E
- Hoyvík/ Tórshavn, Faroe Islands - 795.4 kms (494.2 miles) E
- Torshavn, Denmark - 795.1 kms (494.1 miles) E